Realize inspiring spaces for every boy
Realizing inspiring spaces for every boy means having a continuum of safe and appropriate learning spaces, from pre-kindergarten through sixth form. Previous campaigns have rebuilt much of our campus. Now is the time for the capstone project - a new Middle School that is pedagogically appropriate, safe and accessible, with flexible spaces that facilitate high-quality teaching and learning.
Jay Greytok '83, Head of Middle SchoolOur space that we hope to create for the boys is one where the program drives the space, the space doesn’t drive the program. They’re going to be in work environments where there won’t be too many walls – they’ll have to communicate and collaborate on a global level. We want to be sure they have those skills coming out of Middle School.
- Middle School building - AVAILABLE
- Plaza Entrance - RESERVED
- Lobby/Commons - RESERVED
- Maker Space - AVAILABLE
- Learning Commons - AVAILABLE
- LEED Certification - AVAILABLE
- 6th Grade Alcove - RESERVED
- Admin Office Suite - RESERVED
- 7th Grade Alcove - RESERVED
- 8th Grade Alcove - RESERVED
- Green Roof Space - AVAILABLE
- First Floor Science Lab - RESERVED
- Second Floor Science Lab - RESERVED
- Third Floor Science Lab - RESERVED
- Teachers Room - AVAILABLE
- Private Dining - AVAILABLE
- First Floor Classroom (4) - RESERVED (4)
- Second Floor Classroom (5) - AVAILABLE (2)
- Third Floor Classroom (6) - AVAILABLE (3)
- First Floor Collaboration Space - RESERVED
- Second Floor Collaboration Space - RESERVED
- Small Classroom in Learning Commons - RESERVED
- Third Floor Collaboration Space - RESERVED
- Counseling Office - RESERVED
- Learning Commons Office - AVAILABLE
square footage of the new Middle School
increase in classroom space
increase in per-student square footage
Innovative spaces, including the Middle School Commons, Maker Space, and Learning Commons
estimated cost of the new Middle School
anticipated opening of the new Middle School for the 2020-21 academic year
year Crosman Hall was built
To all who have supported Character at Our Core in its early days, you have the heartfelt gratitude of the Haverford School community. To all considering a gift – or adding to a prior gift – now is the time to step forward.
All gifts, including those to The Haverford Fund, count toward this campaign. Please consider a gift in addition to your annual Haverford Fund support. You will be able to choose one or more capital, endowment, and operating priorities.
If you'd like to discuss a gift to Character at Our Core, please contact Jill Miller, Campaign Director, at 484-417-2792 or firstname.lastname@example.org.