Summer Reading & Writing Camp for Boys
The Haverford School Summer Reading & Writing Camp is open to any boy entering kindergarten through Grade 5. The program is designed to strengthen the reading and writing abilities of our boys in the summer months, where instructional loss is often most prevalent.
Our six-week, three-hour per day program will focus on creating a love of reading and writing while having boys explore themes that capture their imagination! With a low student-to-teacher ratio, highly qualified teachers will differentiate instruction in order to target the needs of each boy. Included in the program will be:
- Individual progress monitoring, conferencing, and feedback with the boys
- Daily work in the areas of phonics, fluency, comprehension, writing, and word study
- Differentiated instruction based upon the needs of each learner
Whether an emerging or a competent reader or writer, our program will build on your son’s literacy abilities to strengthen his reading and writing skills for the upcoming school year!
Who: Boys entering kindergarten through 5th grade
When: June 19–July 28, 2017 (No class on Tuesday, July 4)
Deposit: $500 payable to The Haverford School to hold your spot
Balance Due: On or before June 1
- Enrollment closes on April 28.
- Your registration is not complete, and your son’s place cannot be guaranteed without your deposit, registration form, and completed health history and permission form.
- In addition, for non-Haverford boys, acceptance into the program is contingent upon passing an admissions screening to be scheduled in early April.
- This is not a week-by-week program. The tuition fee is for a six-week program. Attendance for a minimum of five weeks is expected, and all registrants will pay the full amount. We do not prorate tuition based on the number of weeks attended.
- If you cancel for any reason after June 1, your deposit will NOT be refunded.
- Financial assistance may be available for those who qualify. Please contact Teresa Touey (email@example.com) for more information.
- Space is limited, so enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be advised that there may be a waiting list.
Teresa ToueyAssistant to the Head of Lower School
"It was wonderful watching my 'rough-and-tumble, I-want-to-play-outside-15-hours-a-day" boy jump up out of bed each morning eager to get to Haverford. Thank you!"
"We want to express our appreciation and happiness with the summer reading camp. Our son's reading strength grew immensely. When he was leaving he said, 'I am going to miss reading camp!' Wow ... simply amazing. Keep up the great work and promoting the boys' love of reading."