Volunteer Clearance Procedures
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the HSPA! Someone will reach out to you shortly. In the meantime, if you have not completed volunteer clearances within the past five years, please do so by following the steps below.
For those who wish to be a School Volunteer, state law now requires the Pennsylvania Criminal History Record (Act 34), Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) and, in some cases, FBI Federal Criminal History Record check and that they are updated every five (5) years in order to continue as a volunteer. Clearances must be less than one year old at the time of submission. Original forms must be brought to The Haverford School for review. Forms may be submitted to Lisa Martin, Director of Parent Programs, or to Michele Todd, the Director of Human Resources.
The process can be initiated online and produces clearances quickly. Please follow the links below for each of the three (3) clearances:
1. Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check
This record check can be done online with almost immediate confirmation.
- Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us and click on “Submit a New Record Check” and follow the instructions. Please select “Volunteer” as the Reason for Request. At the end of the process, please print the certification form as proof of submission.
2. Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
This clearance can be completed online for the quickest result.
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS. You will create a login for your Keystone ID number. This includes a combination of letters and numbers you create for yourself.
3. FBI Federal Criminal History Record
Note that a prospective volunteer who has lived in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years is not required to submit this clearance. Rather, the volunteer can complete and submit this form:
If you have not lived in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years, the FBI Federal Criminal Record History is required. This requires a 2-step process including online registration and fingerprinting taken digitally at a registered site.
- To register, go to https://uenroll.identogo.com. The service code is 1KG6TR. You will need to register online online, and make an appointment for the fingerprinting. You can find fingerprinting service locations when you make your appointment. A $22.60 fee is required for this clearance, which includes an automatic mailed unofficial copy of the results to the applicant.
- Once you have registered, proceed to the selected site to be digitally fingerprinted. Your UEID must be provided to the school office so your results can be retrieved.
***Please note: The fees for Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check and Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance are waived.***
Original forms can be submitted to Lisa Martin, Director of Parent Programs or to Michele Todd, Director of Human Resources.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact:
Director of Human Resources
610-642-3020, ext. 1245
Under Act 153 of 2014 (Amendments to the Child Protective Services Law) effective December 31, 2014 and revisions under Act 15 of 2015 (formerly House Bill 1276), the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania mandates that volunteers in schools must obtain and submit the clearances set forth below in order to be considered for volunteer positions.
Volunteers who supervise, guide, or are in control of children and have routine interaction with them are required to get the clearances.
This means in part that parents of students who the School has identified as School chaperones on School-sponsored field trips or are regularly scheduled to assist in the School during school hours and/or after School at School-sponsored events, who have regular direct contact with children and/or who will be responsible for students, will need to obtain the clearances.
Limited contact visitors or event participants that are not responsible for students, such as attendance in an audience, participation in a celebration, incidental role at a School event, guests at parties, where students are supervised by professional and/or authorized School staff, will not require clearances.