The Boy Behind the Mask
Janet Heed, Upper School Counselor
Michael Reichert, Consulting School Psychologist
8:30-9 a.m. Complimentary breakfast in the Community Room, Wilson Hall
9-10:30 a.m. The Boy Behind the Mask in Ball Auditorium, Wilson Hall
This event is free and open to the public. Register now >
In "The Boy Behind the Mask," nationally known researcher and Philadelphia-area psychologist Dr. Michael Reichert, along with boys' school educator and counselor Janet Heed, will help parents understand the real needs of boys - and how to meet those needs.
- What is the "mask" that often results from boys' masculine conditioning?
- How do the routine losses of boyhood affect our sons' development?
- How can our relationships with our sons, and between our sons and their teachers, coaches, and classmates, protect them from these losses?
- How do social media exacerbate peer pressures and promote stereotypes?
- How can you be "present" for your son through all of his challenges?
Join fellow parents to gain prescriptive and concrete tips on how to raise an emotionally secure and healthy young man, to discuss everyday scenarios your son is encountering in person and online, and to develop tactics that will help you connect with your son.