Varsity Ice Hockey
The Haverford School ice hockey program is committed to developing young men with strong character who reach their full potential in academics, athletics, and life. We proudly represent our school by demonstrating respect for the sport of ice hockey, honor for the ideals of sportsmanship, and courage to compete and improve every day.
We are #RemarkableFords.
Haverford School ice hockey places #RemarkableFords at the center of everything we do.
- #RemarkableFords carry themselves with dignity and pride in all situations.
- #RemarkableFords are accountable to their teammates and themselves.
- #RemarkableFords know that attention to detail at practice produces desirable results in competition.
- #RemarkableFords strive to be better each day and thoughtfully accept criticism on performance.
- #RemarkableFords respect their teammates’ skills and support their teammates’ challenges.
- #RemarkableFords honor the rules of the game, and the officials who enforce them.
- #RemarkableFords respect their opponents, and realize they owe their best efforts to them.
- #RemarkableFords leave a positive legacy for Haverford School ice hockey in their own unique ways.
Head Coach: Daniel GodutiCoach Daniel Goduti became head coach of The Haverford School's ice hockey team in 2016. The team captured its first Independence Hockey League championship in a decade that same year.
Coach Goduti is a USA Hockey Level 4 certified coach. Prior to taking the reins of the Ford's hockey program, he gained experience as an assistant coach at The Culver Academies (IN) and in the Peninsula Youth Hockey Association (VA). He also played club hockey at the University of Virginia. In addition to his coaching duties, Goduti teaches chemistry and biology in the Upper School science department.
By Dillon Friday, PAPrepLive.com
The 2017-18 All-Delco ice hockey teams include seniors Cal Buonocore, Bobby Gibson, and Grey Rumain – all earned Honorable Mention.