Tuition & Value
Investing in your son's education pays dividends, And they begin today. THE HAVERFORD SCHOOL'S TUITION IS A DIRECT REFLECTION OF:
- Attracting, retaining, and developing extraordinary educators who are experts in their subject and in teaching boys:
- 114 full-time faculty, 55% hold a master's degree or doctorate
- Our faculty are not only educators, they are practicing mathematicians, researchers, artists, and musicians.
- We advance pedagogy as a co-founder of the International Boys' Schools Coalition.
- Providing individualized instruction in small classes, with an average student-to-teacher ratio of 8-to-1
- Integrating character and citizenship, leadership and service learning into the curriculum to ensure a well-rounded young man who is culturally aware and a catalyst in his community
- Enriching the educational experience through co-curricular opportunities:
- Fostering emotional intelligence through intentional programming, including the Human Relationships Seminar, peer counseling, mindfulness training, and more
- Enabling cross-cultural exchanges and service trips in India, Puerto Rico, Greece, and other locales through our Global Studies program
- Delivering exceptional outcomes:
- 95% of the Class of 2018 was admitted to one of their top three college choices.
- Our alumni are making their mark around the world as government ambassadors, Broadway actors, financial analysts, international aid workers, symphony conductors and tech entrepreneurs.
- 16% of the senior class was recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
After submitting your admissions application (note: current families are not required to re-apply for admission), you may begin the tuition assistance application process by completing the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) through School and Student Services (SSS) by the National Association of Independent Schools. Complete just one PFS, even if you have more than one child applying for aid.
Follow the steps below, or download our Tuition Assistance Checklist & Timeline.
Failure to comply with deadlines may result in a reduction of grant award.
- Step 1: Apply to The Haverford School
- Step 2: Download the PFS Workbook
- Step 3: Complete the PFS Online
- Step 4: Submit Additional Documents
- Step 5: Await Tuition Assistance Decision
Completing the application begins our formal dialogue to decide if Haverford is the right match for your son. Please apply online ($50 fee). Note: current families do not need to re-apply for admission.
Check the box on the application indicating you would like to apply for tuition assistance. Grants are awarded solely on the basis of a family’s financial need and subsequent to your son’s acceptance and enrollment.
1. Go to the SSS website:
2. Login to the PFS online
Are you applying for aid for the first time? Click on the green “Create an Account” button. You’ll be asked to enter your name and email address and to select a password.
Did you apply last year? Enter in your login and password from last year in the section called “Returning Families.” If you have forgotten your login information, click on “forgot your password.”
3. Begin a PFS for academic year 2019-20
Download the PFS Online Workbook and refer to on-screen help for guidance along the way. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete your PFS.
4. Pay for and submit your PFS
The fee of $51 is non-refundable. Once you have paid for and submitted your PFS, noting Haverford’s SSS number of 3754, we will receive your information. About 24 hours after you submit your PFS, you can go back to the PFS Online to submit any additional documents (see next section) and to view your Family Report, which summarizes the information we will receive. You are required to order a copy of the parent report.
5. Submit additional required documents
Approximately 24 hours after you have paid for and submitted your PFS online, you will have access to the Manage Documents section of the PFS Online, where you can upload documents.
After completing the PFS, please complete and submit the following required documents:
- 2017: 1040 and W-2 (new tuition applicants only)
- 2017: W-2 Form (new tuition applicants only)
- 2018: 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ, and all supporting schedules
1. Prepare your documents to be uploaded.
Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. They can be saved in any of the following file formats and each must be not more than 1.5 MB in size: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, .jpg, .gif, or .tif. Remove any security or password protection you may have on any PDFs and black out any social security numbers. All documents must be submitted online.
2. Go to the PFS Online and login.
3. Select the Academic Year 2019-2020 button.
4. From your PFS Online Dashboard, click on the purple “Manage Documents” tab.
5. On the Manage Documents page, under “Upload Documents,” click “Browse,” then locate the place the document is on your computer.
6. Click "Upload Documents."
Once you have uploaded a document, it will NOT appear immediately in the “Received Documents” section on this page. It can take up to 72 hours for it to be received and then validated. Once it does appear in the “Received Documents” section, that means that Haverford now has access to it.
If you have questions as you complete the PFS, contact SSS customer service at 800-344-8328.
If you wish to submit documents by mail, send them with a cover sheet (download here) to School and Student Services, PO Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. For overnight service, use: School and Student Services, 437 Turnpike Street, Canton, MA 02021.
Please do not send any documents to the School. All documents must go directly to SSS.
School Name: The Haverford School
SSS Code: 3754
Due date for completing the PFS: Jan. 1, 2019
Due date for submitting documents: March 15, 2019
Pre-kindergarten (full day): $24,000
Kindergarten (full day): $27,000
Grades 1-2: $30,800
Grades 3-5: $32,000
Grades 6-8: $36,000
Grades 9-12: $39,500
The Haverford School's tuition includes most fees, as well as textbooks.
The Haverford School leads area independent schools in re-enrollment, with 96% of families choosing Haverford year after year.