The Haverford School is committed to cultivating a community that is reflective of the world in which we live.While we welcome students from around the world, because we are not a boarding school, we enroll a small number of international students. We only accept applicants for grades 9-11. Please read on for details on applicant requirements and our international student enrollment process.
- The applicant must be fluent in English (reading, writing, and speaking). A TOEFL score of 100 or above is required.
- The applicant’s family is responsible for tuition, books, food, housing, and any supplemental costs.
- All international students must live with a host family while attending Haverford if the parents/guardian do not plan on living in the United States. It is the responsibility of the student’s parents/guardian to find a host family. The host family should be comfortable communicating in English.
- The student and his family are responsible for making arrangements for visas, transportation, and finances. All international students must have a valid passport. The student is also required to have health insurance for the duration of his stay at Haverford. Proof of insurance will be requested as part of the application process.
- Step 1: Submit TOEFL Results
- Step 2: Apply Online
- Step 3: Submit Teacher Recommendations and Transcripts
- Step 4: Complete Admissions Interview
- Step 5: Await Admissions Decision
A TOEFL is required prior to application. To help ensure your son's academic success, we require a score of 100 or above. Original TOEFL results must be submitted directly from ETS to Haverford prior to application. Copies of the TOEFL results will not be considered. Our TOEFL code is 3243.
Once we have received the original TOEFL scores from ETS (we do not accept copies), we will contact you about moving forward with the process. Please do not submit an application until you hear from the Admissions Office.
Once the Admissions Office has had the chance to review all submitted documentation, we will then schedule an interview. We encourage all international applicants to visit Haverford for an interview and also to spend a day at the School. If it is not possible to arrange a visit to Haverford, we will schedule a Skype interview.