The Haverford School is committed to cultivating a community that is reflective of the world in which we live.
While we welcome students from around the world, because we are not a boarding school, we enroll a small number of international students. We only accept applicants for grades 9 through 11. Please read on for details on applicant requirements and our international student enrollment process.
- The applicant must be fluent in English (reading, writing, and speaking). A TOEFL score of 100 or above is required.
- The applicant’s family is responsible for tuition, books, food, housing, and any supplemental costs.
- All international students must live with a host family while attending Haverford if the parents/guardian do not plan on living in the United States. It is the responsibility of the student’s parents/guardian to find a host family. The host family should be comfortable communicating in English.
- The student and his family are responsible for making arrangements for visas, transportation, and finances. All international students must have a valid passport. The student is also required to have health insurance for the duration of his stay at Haverford. Proof of insurance will be requested as part of the application process.
Steps to Apply
- Step 1: Submit TOEFL Results
- Step 2: Apply Online
- Step 3: Submit Teacher Recommendations and Transcripts
- Step 4: Complete Admissions Interview
- Step 5: Await Admissions Decision