Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions regarding Haverford's English curriculum. If you'd like to learn more, please contact English Department Chair Tom Stambaugh.
- When I take a look at my son's writing, I see many spelling and punctuation errors. How can Haverford help my son write more effectively?
- What kinds of writing does Haverford emphasize?
- Why doesn't my son read as much as he used to in Lower and Middle School? Should I worry about the amount he reads outside of school?
- How does the English Department choose the books my son reads for class?
- Why can't my son take an Honors English class until 12th grade? Other disciplines like Math and Language "track" much earlier.
- Does the Upper School English program help prepare my son for the SAT or ACT tests or the AP English exams?