Information and Instructional Technology
Transformational technology use in education reflects the intentional application of digital technologies to unleash students’ learning expertise, in ways not possible without technology, to achieve ever higher levels of knowledge and mastery.
—Sonny Magana, educational technology researcher
We provide technical support and training for faculty, staff, and administration in their use of computing devices, meeting rooms, A/V equipment, application systems and software, and communication devices.
- To prepare our students for a world where digital technology is reshaping our economy, our relations, and our daily lives, we provide a learning environment that:
- enhances the classroom experience
- improves educational outcomes
- stimulates the growing connection between technology and learning
- supports students in developing a healthy, functional relationship to technology
Through coaching and professional learning opportunities, our instructional technology staff partner with faculty on the thoughtful, intentional, and balanced integration of digital-age best practices with specific learning goals.
We provide instruction and support in curriculum design and educational software to advance student learning and facilitate the use of technology for research, critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making, and innovation.
The image above shows a Venn diagram with "Digital Age Teaching and Learning" as the overlapping piece of three elements:
- IT Infrastructure/ Hardware and Support
- Professional Growth (training/ support in the use and integration of technology to enhance 21st Century Teaching and Learning)
- Instructional/ Academic Technology (content/ curriculum pedagogy and technology literacy)