A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops. Henry B. Adams
The libraries and technology services at Haverford aim to provide students and teachers with a rich variety of resources and materials they need to discover their passions, reinforce their knowledge, and invent a new way of looking at the world. We also instill in our students the habits of mind and 21st century skills.
Facilities and Resources
The Severinghaus and Tabas Libraries create a learning environment that is designed to work well for the boys. Comfortable seating and tables for gathering promote cooperation and collaboration. The libraries provide the following services and resources:
- 36,000+ books, audiobooks, DVDs, journals, and e-books
- Classroom sets (20) of calculators, headphones, and Chromebooks
- More than a dozen research databases
- Multi-media tools
- Games of skill, jigsaw puzzles, Lego sets, Raspberry Pi, Makey-Makeys
- One-on-one research coaching (for both students and faculty)
- Professional learning opportunities
- Book clubs for Lower and Middle School students, and for faculty regarding Haverford's lecture series
- Home of Middle School robotics
Instructional Partnering and Curriculum Support
With a sharp focus on developing critical thinking in our students, librarians partner with classroom teachers to develop learning opportunities that cultivate critical thinking in the maturing mind. They provide access to and instruction in the use of a variety of learning tools, curated for optimal student success.
Tabas Library (Lower School)
In the newly renovated Lower School Tabas Library, students enjoy a variety of learning spaces, for individual, small, and large group study. It provides an inviting and friendly space for discovery and growth. Students have access to several age-appropriate research databases and the online catalog. All Lower School boys have weekly library classes designed to dovetail with the classroom curriculum. The library's green screen offers numerous cross-curricular learning opportunities.
Head of Information Services
Middle School Librarian
Lower School Librarian
Library Services Coordinator
Tabas LibraryMon-Fri, 8 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
610-642-3020, ext. 1236