The Haverford School celebrated its 135th Commencement ceremony on June 7 in the School’s Field House. The School graduated 102 students before a crowd of family, friends, and alumni. Twenty-five percent of the graduating class has attended Haverford since pre-kindergarten or kindergarten. Read the story >
Welcome to our Middle School. In Crosman Hall we build boys into men, challenging them academically, artistically, and athletically as they grow in intelligence, creativity, and strength.
A daily assortment of liberal arts classes, mixed with the fine arts and sports, create a well-rounded boy who begins to find his aptitudes and where he fits in the world. Thinkers and doers, these young men are encouraged to take risks and make mistakes in a safe, supportive, and caring environment as we prepare them for the next step, high school.
More about Haverford's Middle School:
- Our teachers are professionals in understanding and meeting the needs of the adolescent boy. They are kind, patient and focused on building relationships and encouraging students to engage in their learning.
- Middle school boys love to move. From class to recess to sports, our boys are active and we use their energy to promote learning through doing.
- A liberal arts curriculum includes studies in English, mathematics, American and world history, science, Spanish, Latin, 2D and 3D art, multi-media, theater, music, and health and physical education. In the spring, eighth grade students choose an elective such as marketing, finance, leadership, philosophy, Chinese, or programming.
- Managing expectations and learning organization techniques are also a part of our curriculum as part of our continued focus on character education and development.
- Middle School is a great place to try new things, take risks and make mistakes. Whether in the classroom, the stage, the field, or even a school dance, we want our boys to be courageous and make what seems impossible, possible.
- Activities outside the classroom and fieldhouse include a world-ranked robotics program, award-winning choirs, outstanding musical productions, MathCounts, Reading Olympics, Math Olympiad, Model UN, INK - our Middle School diversity group, the Middle School newspaper Crosman Chronicles, Arduino, and leadership programs like Student Council, House Council, and Peer Mediation.
Browse the navigation to learn more about our Middle School and its best-for-boys curriculum and program. You'll get to know our Head of Middle School, a graduate of the Class of 1983; find information about our sixth, seventh, and eighth grade academics; and see how we're building men of character through our signature leadership, service learning, and global studies initiatives. Situated outside Philadelphia, this private middle school for boys will help your son become his best self.
The Haverford School hosted its Middle School closing ceremony on June 4. Students, families, and friends heard a performance by the Middle School vocal ensemble The Celebrantes, as well as remarks by Middle School president Colin Harkins.
During their final unit of Kori Brown’s World Cultures course, Form II students created books, available for purchase on Amazon.com, that attempt to highlight the diversity of the Middle East.