A Haverford School Education
The Liberal Arts are the foundation of a Haverford School education. In order to prepare our boys for life, we understand that they need to master a body of knowledge in a variety of disciplines, and develop a set of skills that allows them to be productive citizens in the world they will help shape.
From pre-kindergarten through graduation, our academic program provides not only a strong foundation for future learning, but more importantly, a skill set that will allow our students to navigate in and contribute to the ever-increasing, complex world that we inhabit.
Our academic program is intentionally designed for boys, and is both challenging and supportive. Our students learn to:
- Build relationships with others to pose and solve problems collaboratively and cross-culturally
- Design and share information from a variety of communities to meet a variety of purposes
- Manage, analyze, and synthesize streams of simultaneous information
- Create, critique, analyze, and evaluate multimedia texts
- Apply strict reasoning and interpret the results to problems that are not intuitive
- Attend to the ethical responsibilities required by living in a complex world
The Haverford School’s academic program provides our boys the launching pad that allows them to pursue their passions and to be successful in all of life’s possibilities.
Acknowledgement is given to: National Council of Teachers of English, National Association of Independent Schools, and the International Society for Technology in Education.