Preseason Phillylacrosse Boys’ Rankings: Haverford School is No. 1
By Chris Goldberg
Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/8/22
The 2022 Phillylacrosse.com Preseason Boys’ Rankings (last year’s records in parenthesis):
- Haverford School (13-6) – The Fords have a strong returning group and are a pre-season favorite in the Inter-Ac League.
- La Salle (15-4) – The Explorers are again the Catholic League favorite and figure to be a PIAA contender.
- Radnor (23-2) – The Raptors look to defend their Central League and PIAA Class AAA championships.
- Episcopal Academy (9-4) – The Churchmen reached the Inter-Ac semifinals last year and shoot for a title this year.
- Malvern Prep (19-2) – The Friars have won the past three Inter-Ac League championships and look to retool after some heavy graduation.
- Salesianum School-DE (14-3) – The Sals are the defending the Delaware state champions and will face several top PA teams in 2022.
- Garnet Valley (19-6) – The Jaguars again seek to be a Central League and PIAA contender.
- Conestoga (16-7) – The Pioneers should again challenge in the Central League and PIAA races.
- Academy of the New Church (12-6) – The Lions again will compete against national powers.
- Springfield-Delco (18-5) – The Cougars, last year’s District 1 AAA champions, are always a threat in the Central league and the PIAA.
- Germantown Academy (8-8) – The Patriots return almost their entire team and look to challenge in the rugged Inter-Ac League.
- St. Augustine Prep-NJ (10-5) – The Hermits look to challenge in New Jersey’s Non-Public A race.
- Hill School (6-4) – The Blues are looking to make their name this year.
- Cape Henlopen-DE (13-5) – The Vikings will challenge Salesianum again for Delaware bragging rights.
- Allentown Central Catholic (23-1) – The Vikings look to repeat as the PIAA Class AA champions.
Under Consideration: Archmere-DE (15-3), Avon Grove (6-7), Central Bucks East (14-5), Downingtown East (13-7), Downingtown West (16-5), Emmaus (19-2), Kennett (22-3), Mars (22-1), Ocean City-NJ (13-7), Penncrest (14-8), Penn Charter (5-12); Perkiomen School (1-0), Perkiomen Valley (14-3), Sanford School-DE (16-1), Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (5-12), St. Joseph’s Prep (14-5), Westtown School (4-10), Wilson (22-3), Wissahickon (18-6).