FOR MORE THAN 130 YEARS, HAVERFORD HAS BEEN DEDICATED TO TEACHING BOYS AND TO HELPING THEM GROW – IN ACADEMICS, THE ARTS, ATHLETICS, AND IN MORAL CHARACTER.Graduates of The Haverford School, a Main Line private school for boys, have consistently had national and international impact in government, business, technology, education and more - all stemming from their personal learning experience under the passion of our extraordinary educators. Under the mentorship of our extraordinary educators, boys grow intellectually, morally, and physically on the road to becoming exceptional men.
OUR BEST-FOR-BOYS APPROACH TO TEACHING AND LEARNING CAN HELP IDENTIFY YOUR SON’S PASSION – AND FUEL IT. OUR BOYS ARE ARTISTS, ACTORS, MUSICIANS, ATHLETES, AND KEEPERS OF HAVERFORD’S EXCEPTIONAL INTELLECTUAL AND MORAL REPUTATION.They administer an Honor Code that governs the conduct of all members of the community. They write for our award-winning literary journal and newspaper and sing in our spectacular a capella groups. At Haverford, it's cool to excel in poetry, music, and art and, at the same time, compete in the oldest and most demanding secondary school sports league in the country, the Inter-Academic League.
AT HAVERFORD, WE CREATE A CULTURE THAT CELEBRATES BOYS.We recognize their innate competitiveness, their boundless energy, their need to learn with their hands and by doing, their sense of humor, their sense of justice and fairness, and we teach accordingly. We develop compassion and empathy, and teach that such traits are the full expression of being a man.
Come explore The Haverford School—one of the world’s best boys schools, and the best school for boys in Philadelphia!Go Fords!
John A. Nagl, D.Phil.
- Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS), 2011
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSACS), 2011
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
- International Boys' Schools Coalition (IBSC), Co-Founder
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSACS)
- Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
- The Coalition for Youth of Lower Merion & Narberth (CYLMN)