Centennial Hall was built in 1984 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the founding of The Haverford School. The facility has helped us achieve a sense of campus community as a central gathering space for meetings and performances. Sharing our facilities with outside talents and professionals also contributes to the growth of our community, and broadens The Haverford School experience in ways not possible before.
Our commitment to the fine and performing arts continues with ever-increasing activity in this incredible facility. Centennial Hall is Haverford's premier performance space, where
most of the School's major theatrical and music productions take place.
It is also widely used by professional performing arts companies
throughout the Philadelphia area. The facility includes many great
- 650-seat theater (new seats installed in summer, 2010)
- Orchestra pit and shell
- 30' deep stage
- Full stage wings
- Male and female dressing rooms
- Scenery and wardrobe shop
- Stage crew workshop
- 172 dimmer lighting system with computerized controls
- Audio and lighting electronics
- A/V projector and full-size movie screen
- 40-line set counterweight fly rail system
If you have any questions about the facility and rental possibilities,
please do not hesitate to contact us.