While the following guidelines were created by the Inter-Academic League, The Haverford School hopes that these standards will be followed at all Haverford School contests and at all levels of play. The goal of the Inter-Academic League Sportsmanship Code is to insure respect among participants, coaches, spectators, and officials at all league contests. To achieve this:
- Coaches are responsible for setting a proper tone for their athletes.
- Spectators should encourage their own teams and treat opponents with respect.
- Noisemakers and provocative signs are prohibited from all contests.
- Officials are to be treated with respect by coaches, players, and spectators.
- Abusive language, which includes taunting, is prohibited at all contests.
- Anyone - coach, player, or spectator - who violates the Sportsmanship Code may be expelled from the premises.
In addition, Haverford School coaches, players, and spectators are expected to:
- Remember that your actions on and off the field influence others and reflect on you and your school.
- Make sportsmanship a top priority.
- Realize that students take their lead from adults, who can set a good example with their behavior at all contests.
- Understand that fighting or dirty play will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- Be gracious in victory and defeat.
- Realize that violations of these policies can lead to disciplinary action.